Kinghorn Tennis Club
Please see our News Page for detailed information about the Covid-19 restrictions and access to the courts and clubhouse. One of the conditions for re-opening the courts is the ability to control numbers participating at any one time, and therefore there will be no access to the courts for non-members until further notice.
Kinghorn Tennis Club was formed in May 1927.
The minute books give an interesting potted history of the club.
During the war years there were no meetings held due to the lack of balls for play but over the years many committed people have worked to promote tennis in Kinghorn. In 1993 the committee decided to take over the lease of the courts from Fife Council and have since been responsible for the upkeep of the courts and clubhouse.
The courts were upgraded in 1994 and 2004 and were resurfaced in 2013 with the current ‘blue’ courts. These were repainted in 2018. The court maintenance is funded by the club with the assistance of several local grants (thanks to Fife Council, Kirkcaldy Community Grants Scheme and Kinghorn Common Good Fund).
The club aims to ensure that the facilities are kept in good condition. The external fencing has been refurbished and painted to prolong its life and the interior of the clubhouse was painted throughout in 2019.
In 2021 we have 88 members so far (64 seniors and 24 juniors). Thinking about joining?