At our AGM a few weeks ago we agreed a number of changes to the social tennis arrangements, which are as follows:
Tuesday evenings: 6pm to 9pm – Seniors only.
· Wednesday evenings: 6pm to 9pm – League Senior players only.
· Thursday evenings: 6pm to 9pm – Seniors + invited Juniors only.
· Sunday mornings: 9am to 1.00pm – Seniors only.
There was a request at the AGM to schedule in some group Senior coaching and this has been arranged to align with the next block of Junior coaching, ie a 10-week block commencing 5pm on Sunday 23rd April. If you are interested in participating in the Senior coaching please add your name to the list on the notice board in the clubhouse.
At the AGM we welcomed Ewen Campbell and Katie Hearns onto the Committee, replacing Robert Adamson and Joanna Clark, who after many years of serving on the Committee had decided to stand down. The new Committee held their first meeting last week, with one of the first actions being to set the programme of competitions and events for the first half of the season, which are as follows:
· ‘Little n Large’ Mini Red Invitation – Sunday 16th April – organiser Gillian Brennan
· Veterans (40+) Singles – Saturday 22nd April – organiser Ewen Campbell
· Open Singles – closing dates for entries 30th April – organiser Henry Murray
· Open Doubles – Saturday 20th May – organiser Katie Hearns
· Junior Singles – Saturday 17th June – organiser Gillian Brennan
· The Ladies Singles, Senior + Junior Doubles, and Mixed Doubles competitions will be held after the Summer holidays and dates for these will be confirmed in due course.
· Games Night Social – Kinghorn Golf Club – Saturday 29th April
· 90th Birthday Celebrations – at the Clubhouse – Saturday 24th June
Please check the notice board in the clubhouse for details of these competitions/events, especially closing dates for entries/tickets.
At our first Committee Meeting of the year we also discussed entering the East Of Scotland LTA Leagues for Summer Social Mixed Doubles, Vets Mens Doubles and Vets Ladies Doubles. If you are interested in playing in any of these Leagues please add your name to the list in the clubhouse by the end of April.
And I will end this Newsletter with congratulations to Gemma Thompson and Ewen Campbell who won our first competition of the year, the Short Tennis Softball competition held in the Community Centre – no trophy for this one I’m afraid, but no less a worthy victory!
John Brennan - Club President