We had our first Committee Meeting of the year last weekend and started to plan the programme of competitions and events for the season ahead. It’s a comprehensive schedule of dates and I wanted to share these with you as soon as possible in order that you can plan ahead:
- Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 23rd March @ 7pm in the Clubhouse.
- Senior Novices Coaching/Doubles Play – Saturday 9th April @ 1.30pm.
- Veterans Singles Competition – Sunday 10th April @ 1.30pm.
- Junior Coaching – recommences Sunday 17th April.
- Open Singles Competition – closing date for entries is Friday 29th April.
- Junior Singles Competition – Saturday 14th May @ 1.30pm.
- Open Senior Doubles Competition – Saturday 28th May @ 1.30pm.
- Junior + Senior Doubles Competition – Saturday 18th June @ 1.30pm.
- Family Fun Day & BBQ – Saturday 25th June @ 2pm.
In addition to the internal club competitions, we shall be entering teams into some of the East of Scotland leagues over the summer months. If you are interested in participating please contact the following team captains:
Summer Social League (Mixed Doubles) – Ken Wallace
Ladies Vets (Doubles) – Gillian Brennan
Men’s Vets (Doubles) – Henry Murray
I would encourage as many members as possible to attend the AGM on the 23rd March. There are likely to be one or two places on the Committee becoming free so if anyone is interested in playing more of a part in the running of the Club then please contact me as soon as possible.
John Brennan - Club President